Sold out! If you come along without having booked, you may not get in. (If you’ve booked but now can’t make it, please let us know)
Sunday 31 July 2016
- Jean-Michel CABROL : sax
- Gérard PONCIN : piano, synthesiser
- Vincent CALMETTES : percussion
- Philippe PANEL : double bass, electric bass guitar
This group is based around four musicians from the Languedoc whose aim is to reclaim the jazz tradition by way of an original and personalised approach to the music.
Their repertoire allies jazz with mixed rhythms and includes original compositions as well as standard pieces and songs from a wide variety of musical traditions from around the world, such as bossa nova, samba, French popular songs and pop music.
The quartet’s numerous appearances at festivals and national events establishes them as one of the most experienced groups in the area, with a clear commitment to cohesion and lyricism.
Jean-Michel Cabrol also plays in the Big Band 31 and theBig Band Brass, and in trombonist Glenn Ferris’s Pentessence quintet.
- Skin Me, Naïve, 2004 — chosen as record of the year by the French Académie du Jazz in 2004.
- X Actimo, Naïve, 2006
- Patience, 2002
- Jazz festivals in France: Marciac, Conilhac-Corbières, Millau, Foix, Sète, Roquefère, Jazz’in Toulouse, St Gaudens, Jazz sur son 31
- Clubs in France: Le JAM, L’IMFP Salon de Provence, Château le Bouis, Jazz Club de Montpellier, Le Tournebelle, L’Angel Blau (Andorra)
- Abroad: Festival de Mérida Yucatan in Mexico, Tanjazz in Morocco